"Play Ball!" It's Little League baseball season 2009.
Coaches, parents, ball players of America: congratulations!! You are a part of "America's Passtime"... baseball.
The smell of leather baseball gloves sopped in softening oil, the "ping" of a ball jumping off an aluminum bat, the thrill of chasing down an impossible fly ball... all this and so much more is right around the corner. This blog exists to share my own experience, strength, and hope for a rich and successful Little League Baseball experience for every ballplayer out there: boy, girl, brand new, or "seasoned vet".
First thought to coaches and parents alike: it's a game, gang. The Little League version of this magnificent game was created for our kids, not our kids for the game! Our role is to teach them the fundamentals and let them play. All else in this blog is built on that thought. I will address as many of those baseball fundamentals as I can think of... or that you ask about.
My name is Rahn Fleming. I'm a 50 year old father of two terrific sons, ages 14 and 15 1/2, each of whom spent the last 10 springs learning and developing the fundamentals of baseball - pitching, catching, hitting, and fielding - with me as their coach and ardent cheerleader. I love my sons, and I love the game. I've created this blog to share, in my opinion, how that joy can best be conveyed!
My own athletic history includes a lifetime of baseball, football, and wrestling - into high school and college and beyond. I have been a Little League and Babe Ruth baseball coach for the decade that my sons have played. I am currently a football and wrestling coach at our local high school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment